Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2005:
[linux-help] Problem

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Problem
From: Wayne White <WWHITE13@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:31:36 -0600

I'm having problems with a computer and thought that there might
be someone on the list that had some thoughts on a solution.

Monday, last week, I got to work and my computer was off. I tried
to turn it on and nothing happened. I was able to determine that
the power cord had power at the plug to the power supply.

When the power button on the computer was pressed, nothing
happened at all. No lights, no whirring, no beeps.

The first thing that I tried was swapping out the power supply for
one I know to be good. Same result, nothing happens when power
button pushed.

That made me think that the motherboard must have fried. So, I
swapped in a good motherboard. While the case was open, I
checked the switch on the front panel and had continuity when
it was pressed. Still nothing doing.

I'm at loss as to what else might be causing this computer to act
as if it were getting no power at all when I try to start it up.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

wayne