Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2003:
[linux-help] Advanced X-Windows Question

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Advanced X-Windows Question
From: Jeremy Johnstone <jsjohnst@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Oct 2003 20:53:42 -0500

Well it may not be an advanced question, but I tend to think it is.
Anyway, here is my question:

I have a program which is running on a remote machine. It is an X based
application. What I want to be able to do is switch the application from
displaying on the monitor of the remote machine to my local machine
without shutting down the application or restarting it. Of course I have
full SSH access to the remote machine, but I have no clue how to do
something like this. Any suggestions, comments, or places to look more
would be appreciated.

Jeremy