Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Any ideas?

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Any ideas?
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 20:50:01 -0500

I took the A+ course and it was stuff that I already knew.  I plan to
take the tests, there are 2 of them, one is hardware and the other is
the OS/software.  I always tested better in the OS/software practice
tests.  The tests are $140 each.  You could either take an A+ class at
New Horizon or Butler, or buy a studybook and then take the tests.
 After you pass the A+ tests, there are others like Network+, the MCSE,
Novell certifications, and Cisco certifications.  I'm not interested in
the MCSE because if M$ can't get their act together, linux is going to
take over the server market, I'm surprised that it hasn't happened already.

There are many other educational programs and I don't qualify for grants
because I already have a degree.  The WSU computer courses are
UNIX/Linux based and Butler's classes are M$ based.  Due to financial
reasons I might have to take my programming classes at Butler instead of
WSU.  ~Anne