Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Hi! Would like some installtion help...

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Hi! Would like some installtion help...
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:08:53 -0500

> Ok, so what kind of info do I need to give out for a proper installation?

generally all that is needed is the type and version of the distro and then
information on the hardware (i suggest for your own convenience to know your
hardware inside-out...)

> I gave you everything about my system.

yes, but that was DEFINATELY overkill...  you really don't need to know
every last windows setting to be able to install linux

> Oh, btw, what days does ACLUG do the free linux installations? Thanks!!!

i'll let someone else field this, because i don't know if there's a set
schedule for them.  but, keep an eye on the list, since they are announced
here and in the announce mailing list.

gLaNDix