Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2002:
[linux-help] CD-ROM boot problems RH7.3

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] CD-ROM boot problems RH7.3
From: "Ivan Trail" <itrail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:04:41 -0500

Hello All,

I have been trying to install RH7.3 and get a message that it cannot read
the boot sector, has bad magic, VFS cannot mount root on 09:00.  This is
after you get the intro screen and select the method of install. Then the
banner at the top of the screen with all the checking of the hardware and
such.

I had the same problem with Mandrake 8.2 but I just used disk two and all
went well.

Thus I would rather use redhat, but cannot boot. all help will be
appreciated.

Ivan