[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
Does anyone know where or how a system's host name is stored?
I added it to /etc/hosts, and now it won't go away. I'd just like to reset
it to nothing.
Since the host name I chose when I added it to etc/hosts (and I may have
added it somewhere else) is invalid, I can no longer send mail from the
E.g. I am a single system using a cable modem with service from Cox High
Speed Internet, on domain: sd.cox.net
Stupidly, I tried to name my server, "resmar1", so now I can't send mail
because resmar1.sd.cox.net is not a valid host name on the ISP's network.
How do I get resmar1 to go away?
If worse comes to worse can I find it with
find /etc -type f -name * | grep resmar1 ?
-- This is the linux-help@xxxxxxxxx list. To unsubscribe,
- [linux-help] Change of address, Joseph L Weaver, 2002/05/18
- [linux-help] CD-ROM boot problems RH7.3, Ivan Trail, 2002/05/28
- [linux-help] Re: CD-ROM boot problems RH7.3, Jeff Vian, 2002/05/28
- [linux-help] Re: CD-ROM boot problems RH7.3, Ivan Trail, 2002/05/28
- [linux-help] Re: CD-ROM boot problems RH7.3, bruce, 2002/05/28