Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2002:
[linux-help] Why RedHat 5.1 never installed, or Kickstart my scuzzy hear

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Why RedHat 5.1 never installed, or Kickstart my scuzzy heart
From: "D. Shane Robinson" <sean_orion@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:33:45 -0700 (PDT)

 Playing around with installing RedHat (again || still, not sure).
Popped into another terminal during the attempted install and
discover that the install is defaulting to a Kickstart install with
SCSI devices. As there are no SCSI controllers on my system, install
blows up and refuses to even attempt to look for IDE drives. And all
that while I thought it was something wrong with the version of fdisk
installed on the distro CD!
 The boot disk that I am using is a SYSLINUX boot disk created from
files on my distribution. I will be boning up on Kickstart, but if
there are any gurus who would like to point me in the appropriate
direction, much thanks would be in their future. (Can't seem to find
the ks.cfg file.)

Shane,
Linux newbie

P.S. I was sitting at a DOS prompt the other night, watching files
getting copied from one drive to another, and caught myself reaching
towards Alt-F2 to go to another terminal...