Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2001:
[linux-help] Re: linux desktop

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: linux desktop
From: Ironrose <amccadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 20:25:02 -0600

I started using linux as a replacement for NT to play with networking.  I
took the NT classes and was going to buy a 5 user license, saw the price
and said forget it!  It was too much, even for an educational project.

I use office apps, graphics programs, and wanted to have a web server.  KS
cable will kick me off if I have a web server, so that is out.  I am
wanting to design web pages, databases, and write some shell scripts.

There are a lot more options with linux.  Some people don't like so many
options, but I really like it.  I would like to learn more about dosemu and
wine.  I would really like to ditch M$ for good.  They use bad politics and
are trashing linux in their advertisements.  ~Ironrose