Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: October 2001:
[linux-help] Linux compatible ISP

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Linux compatible ISP
From: "sudharsha" <adithya111@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 08:57:04 +0530

HI,
I do not understand this either this antispamming feature is there in send mail
for to stop or most probably to minimize ppl from spamming .
Which is to use their(your ISP's) mail server.
But I know that if you have a correct account from the ISP you should be able
to send mail to ppl you want provided that the ISP has configured his spamming
feature.
But there is some thing like this which I have experianced , that is if you
happened to connect to the net using one ISP's account (Dial up ) and try to
send mail from
another ISP mail account then you could get this message. But when you check
mail this way it want be a problem you could check mail.
This is because if you are using a dial up connection from ISP A to get
connected to the net you will be assigned an ip which is in A's range and then
once you try to send mail to B's mail server it will see your machine as if
your machine as a machine out side it's ip range there fore it will say
relaying denied 550 error.
I think there is something missing with your issue that you have not tried I
have used Kmail once and I did not have this kind of problems give me more
details
then I think we can find out some thing here.
Sudharsha.