Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2001:
[linux-help] Re: On Disk

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: On Disk
From: "gLaNDix" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:48:35 -0500

> What I did once was this. I formatted and installed DOS 6.22 on the
> laptop. I then connected the laptop to another DOS computer that had a
> CD-ROM drive with a serial cable and null-modem. I then used interlink
> (built into DOS) to copy all of the source files to the laptop into a
> directory called win98 or something. Then I installed from the hard
> drive. Hey, it worked.

You could also check out some news groups...  stuff like that is often
posted in groups w/ names like alt.binaries.pc.old or something (that
may not be exactly the name, but it's similar)...  altho' I know MS does
some weird things w/ their floppies so they can fit more data on them...
I don't know if that's just a software thing or if it's got anything to
do w/ hardware, but it's a shot...

gLaNDix