Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Redhat RPM help

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Redhat RPM help
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 15:57:04 -0500

Jesse,
I decided (before I saw this last message of yours) that I was going to have to
install KDE or Gnome to get everything I needed.  Tried
twice to get it on the 340 M hard drive and it wasn't big enough.  So I swapped
in a 1.7 G hard drive in and loaded RH there.

While trying to get more space, I combined my / and /home partitions.  This
destroyed the system on the disk and I never got a system back
on it.  I am right now trying to put an X system on it in another computer, but
I got "not enough disk space," three times, so far.

Oops!  Just now it took the latest try and is installing.  This time I hope I
included enough that it might have window maker.  I hope : ^
)  It's just a learning experience, I guess.

I very much appreciate all the help.  Hope to see you at a meeting some day,

Many thanks,
bruce