Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2001:
[linux-help] Debian Package Installation

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Debian Package Installation
From: Nathan <ncozzens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 06:22:41 -0600

Hello,

I'm a fledgling Debian user.  All installing I've done
so far has been through dselect.  Now I'm trying to
get an MP3 encoder.

1.  Does anyone know of any MP3 encoders that are part
of the package?  I've installed 12345, but I think
that's just a front end to a lot of different
apps.  I'd like to get my hands on lame.

2.  I've downloaded a .deb file of notlame.  Now that
I've got the .deb file, how do I install it?

Nate