Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2001:
[linux-help] no pointing device

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] no pointing device
From: Marc Bachman <mbachman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 00:07:37 -0500

I unplugged my serial mouse off my  box and tried to plug in a PS2 mouse
while kudzu ( RH ) was trying to detect my mouse and now neither my
mouse( serial or PS2 ) nor my keyboard works in Linux. I tried booting
from the floppy but I get an error after it says "loading vmlinux"
something like the kernel image not found. Should I do a reinstall or is
there a way to fix it without a mouse? I tried to log on without a mouse
using keyboard buttons but they just don't work. Any Ideas? Thanks in
Advance, Marc Bachman