Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: cd burner

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: cd burner
From: Craig Terhune <cterhune@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 22:24:06 -0600

=46rom the looks of the output I would say no. Where do I go from here?

root@hal:/home/cterhune > cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 J=F6rg Schilling
cdrecord: Permission denied. Cannot open '/dev/sg0'. Cannot open SCSI dri=
ver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are=
 root.
root@hal:/home/cterhune >  =20

=20
On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, you wrote:
> Did you set up your cd writer to be used via scsi-emulation?
> try entering (as root)
>=20
> cdrecord -scanbus
>=20
> Is your writer listed?
>=20
>=20
> On Sunday 17 December 2000 13:04, you wrote:
> > How is the burner listed in the fstab? I have installed mkisofs and c=
drec=3D
> > ord,
> > so I can use other front end tools., like they say to. But as with ko=
ncd =3D
> > it
> > list the atapi cd-rom but doesn't show a writer. Any ideas
> > --  WALL'S A'LAMODE
> > Wall flavors for every palette.
> > http://walls.homeip.net

> > visit http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi