Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Copying files

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Copying files
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 06:18:48 -0600

Patrick -

The last three harddrives that I purchased (even the OEM packages) came with
install disks that not only confirmed that your systems BIOS would work with
the drive (and if not added software to the boot sector [do not know how
this effects LILO?[) but would also allow you to partition your drive and
copy drive 'X' to partition 'A'. This makes the drive install <almost> as
easy as a few key presses. Then you can format the drive under the operating
system of your choice.