Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Copying files

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Copying files
From: Patrick Klee <drwho@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 01:19:15 -0500

Hi,
    I was wondering, I have a 1 gig hard disk, and I am upgrading to a
40 gig hard disk.  I want to somehow copy ALL files and partitions to
the new drive without messing up my linux configuration and having to
re-install Linux.  I know it has something to do with tarring files and
then cp'ing them.  I am just unsure.
if someone can point me to the HOW-TO because I didn't see one on
http://www.linuxdoc.org/ maybe I am overlooking :-D

Cheers.

--
Patrick "TuPat" Klee