Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Linux Apps

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux Apps
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:16:18 -0600

Dale wrote:

> >From my point of view, Zope makes some things easier, and others harder.  The
> easy part is inheritance, where you can change one thing and it will propogate
> throughout the website. The hard part is that you must do everything within
> the
> Zope framework, as the entire website is stored within the Zope database.

I'm no expert, but I looked at the documentation on zope.org awhile back and it
appeared that there was a substantial learning curve to use Zope. As Dale said,
it looks like you have to do everything within Zope's framework. With most
framework tools, that makes the things they expect you to do pretty easy, but it
may make other things pretty tedious. I can't say that for sure about Zope,
since I haven't actually used it myself, just speaking in general about things
that I've used in the past.

Greg