Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Linux Apps

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux Apps
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 08:55:10 -0600

> -----Original Message-----
> From: linux-help-bounce@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-help-bounce@xxxxxxxxx]On
> Behalf Of Lars von dem Ast
>

> So, nobody's worked with Zope?

FWIW, the Aclug.Org website runs Zope. That said, I only administer it, I have
not as of yet set anything up under Zope.  Maybe John Goerzen will pop in and
address the technical aspects of it.

From my point of view, Zope makes some things easier, and others harder.  The
easy part is inheritance, where you can change one thing and it will propogate
throughout the website. The hard part is that you must do everything within the
Zope framework, as the entire website is stored within the Zope database.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Secretary & Website Maintainer - info@xxxxxxxxx