Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Linux Apps

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux Apps
From: Lars von dem Ast <mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 07:14:09 +0000

So, nobody's worked with Zope? I'm just a bit worried about having to
slam pages back and forth everytime there's a bit of info that the
server needs to know. Stand-alones are much better for standard data
management tasks, but the free formatting of text/reports in Web pages
is much better than stand-alones. Aw shucks, maybe I shouldn't worry and
just go with Web. Sourceforge uses PHP, but they've also ran articles
pro-Postgres, saying it beats mySQL in some critical areas. Is PHP,
Zope, JSP etc. the death of Perl?