Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Printer on Red Hat 6.2

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Printer on Red Hat 6.2
From: Lowell <lowell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 14:11:57 -0500

Bruce Bales wrote:

> Lowell, the third line below is already in conf.modules, so apparently they
> added it to RH6.2.  I
> added the other 2 lines (although I don't know what devfs means) and no help.
>  Rebooted and checked
> bios for mention of parallel port pnp in bios setup - no mention.
> Interesting that when the bios
> edit first came up, the printer became active and printed one character (~ on
> top of N).
>
> These are the three lines you referred me to.
>
>         alias /dev/printers lp             # only for devfs?
>         alias /dev/lp*      lp             # only for devfs?
>         alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc  # missing in Red Hat 6.0-6.1
>
> bruce

                Hrmmm...? Just one character?and that a
                tilde'ed n? Has this printer (or computer)
                ever been south of the border?
                Seriously, this might have been the printer's
                own idea, but, if not, then, is this the first
                signal the printer has received from the com-
                puter? Bad thought, huh?
--
"Nothing is foolproof to a
   sufficiently talented fool!"