Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Dialpad and masquerading

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Dialpad and masquerading
From: Ryan Claycamp <ryanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 06:43:04 -0500

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 06:12:55AM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> Hi Ryan.
>
> You don't say whether you've enabled IP Masquerading in your kernel
> or whether you've done anything more than just trying to use the
> ipmasqadm utility.  Looking at the ipmasqadm man page, I see it
> simply is used to manipulate certain modules used in IP Masquerading.
> The IP-Masquerade-HOWTO might help.  If you already are using IP
> Masq, then I'm at a loss as I'm just getting into this area myself.
>
> - Nate >>

I have IP Masquerading enabled and currently use the three lines
suggested in one of the HOWTOs:

sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
sbin/ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -j MASQ
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Is this where I need to enable those ports?

Ryan
--
On July 25, an Air France Concorde crashed during takeoff near Paris,
killing 113 people. What do you think of this first-ever crash of the