Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Dialpad and masqurading

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Dialpad and masqurading
From: Jeff Schaller <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 06:11:38 -0500 (CDT)

Ryan wrote:

> I used the ipmasqadm rules on rottona's page.  I think my
> problem is that I don't have UDP: 51200, 51201 and TCP: 51210
> enabled. All the help pages on Dialpad say to have these ports
> enabled, but they don't say how to enable them.  How do I make
> sure these ports are enabled?

Sorry to trim so much of your email, but I'm my slow dialup modem
right now :)

I think by saying "enabled" they mean "passed through any
firewall". My guess is that your firewall may have a rule for
denying these packets before the forwarding hits. Just a guess, as
I haven't messed with ipmasqadm. One way to check if they're
enabled is to start from a box outside your network and use nmap
to send udp packets to/from the ports they mention and see if
they're denied/dropped or not.

-jeff
--
Microsoft recently released its new Windows 2000. What are some of the
features of the new operating system?