Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: July 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Problem with INND system and system loggers

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Problem with INND system and system loggers
From: Clint Brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:49:44 -0500

are you on a network?
Did you give it a news host to get news from? Maybe it trying to connect
to one, and can't thats why its talking so long.

If your running your own news server then just uninstall it, its not
needed to read news from your isp, only to run your on news server.

You can always reinstall it later if youn need it.

Bruce Bales wrote:

> When I boot my Mandrake 6.1 system, It takes about 2 minutes looking at
> "Starting System Loggers,"  then says OK.  Then when it gets to starting
> INND, it takes more than 2 minutes, then says OK.
>
> When I make a change to ifconfig, it shows me an error log with  "INND
> took more than 15, seconds, odd."
>
> Other related error messages (maybe) show "deleted message SAA00xxx" or
> "deleted message RAA00xxx" where the x's are large numbers in the 700 to
> 800 range.
>
> I have never used internet news.
>
> Any ideas where to look.
>
> bruce

Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC
President Air Capital Linux Users Group
Wichita, KS
cabrubak@xxxxxxx
---