Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] ppp-go problems

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] ppp-go problems
From: Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:51:59 -0500 (CDT)

well, after a bunch of non-related hardware problems (Thank you gateway!),
i've gotten slackware 7 up and running on my system.  It's been working
great for the past few days, however last nite my ppp-go script stopped
working correctly.  In the /var/log/messages it shows all the ABORT
commands, then sends it ATZ and expects OK...  however it never gets and
OK.  The only thing related to the modem that has changed recently is the
fact that i installed m/vgetty the other nite to be able to use kvoice as
my answering machine...   that's when the ppp-go script stopped working...

the stranger thing is that kppp can dial up just fine...  it's only the
ppp-go script that does not work...  any ideas?  i'm using the same ppp
script (but renamed to /etc/ppp/pppscript) as i did in debian 2.1 ...  it
seems (but not sure) as if this is related to installing m/vgetty...  i
installed it from source using all the defaults...

oh, and if it matters, my modem is a Creative ModemBlaster 56k ISA
card....  (obviously hw-based)  and it's always worked fine for me

if anyone has any info, i'd love to hear it!!!  i don't really like kppp,
and prefer to use WMPPP to connect (using the ppp-go script from slack)...

thx,
gLaNDix

          <<< Jesse Kaufman (kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) >>>