Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: ppp-go problems

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: ppp-go problems
From: glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:51:07 -0500 (CDT)

On 20 Jun, james wrote:
> I made the changes A few months ago, and I have no memory so if I get this
> wrong
> Somebody please say so.
>
> Change the files so they are readable by whatever user-group you are in. for
> instance On my box I made the files readable for the group 'user' and the user
> 'james'. I also made 'James' the owner of the files since I was the only user
> of my
> computer.
>
> I'm not sure if that would caiuse some kind of security risk, but i didn't
> have any
> problems.

well, tried 'chown-ing' them to glandix.users (my user / group on this
system), to no avail...  would installing m/vgetty have something to do
w/ this?  if so, what logs will lead me to more info...  i've got my
/var/log/vgetty.modem set to ERR_LEVEL = 5 which produces a LOT of
output, but all it really tells me is that the commands it's sending
for voice stuff are wrong (which i knew, since i haven't tweaked them
yet)...  however, that happens after the modem is reset and unlocked...

i guess i don't understand how kppp can connect, but ppp-go can't...  i
really don't like KPPP!!  : ^ )  Gimme WMPPP any day!

any info is greatly appreciated!

gLaNDix