Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: ssh1/ssh2

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: ssh1/ssh2
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 01:08:44 -0500

It depend on how things are set up. In the department where I work (using
Red Hat), they have ssh2 installed to run as default when I type ssh, but
it automatically detects when I want to ssh to somewhere that I have
confugured using ssh1. It then will use ssh1. I'm not sure if this has
anything to do with it, but I have generated both a ssh1 and ssh2 key (.ssh
and .ssh2 directories). I can just run ssh1 if I don't want it to use ssh2.

John