Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: ssh1/ssh2

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: ssh1/ssh2
From: bert <bert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 21:36:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Jonathan Hall wrote:

> Why do you want to use ssh2?  ssh1 is Much Better(tm). :-)
>
> ssh2 is not compatible with older versions, and is "less" free, as I
> understand it.

some, gulp, windows boxes and another linux box i want to communicate
with are using ssh2.

> IOW, there's no good reason to use ssh2, unless you're a general manager,
> and like causing pain for your subordinates :-)

i thought the linux box using ssh2 would allow me to connect with
ssh1, but it didn't, so i have to convince the guy running that box to
tweak it -- so you're saying it's not backwards compatible?

if you're non-commercial, i guess it's somewhat non-free.
but you have to get a "license."