Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Blood and Guts

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Blood and Guts
From: "Lrs v.d.Ast" <mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 21:50:25 -0500

Nate Bargmann wrote:

> Larry, an excellent introduction to Unix/Linux at:
>
> http://www.cs.twsu.edu/~lwbottor/memo1.html
>
> I read it through and it reads very well.
>
> - Nate >>

Thanks. I'm trying to give the students the mystique, the flavor of
the Linux/Unix world. A place where people gladly help each other. I'd
like ACLUG to help with any suggestions, critiques--especially of my
Web site. Links are important, if anyone has good ones. One woman told
me today she was trying to buy a box for/with Linux and she got a lot
of grief from gruff hardware people. Maybe a "Wichita Linux hardware
resources" would be good. I'm a bit conflicted, however, because as
their authority figure for the semester, I can't tell them to get
Linux at home, I can only suggest. But I don't want them frustrated
with the huge M$ bias flashed by the big retailers around town either.

Lrs v.d.Ast