Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Linux From Scratch comments? and ext3fs...

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Linux From Scratch comments? and ext3fs...
From: Brian Chapman <tchapman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 21:35:59 -0500

After thinking about it long enough, I've decided that I'm going to build
my own linux system from scratch (for the experience). I've been wanting
to do this for the longest time and now after coming across the
information at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org I'm more than confident and
ready.

i was wondering if anyone here has attempted this themselves? if so, do
you have any comments or advice to give me? I'm already planning to
implement GNU Stow (www.gnu.org/stow) for program management. Any comments
on that? I'm going to try compiling everything myself, i think, including
XFree 4, just call me a 'masochist'. ;-)

I'm also thinking about using ext3fs. Does any have any experiece with it?
I'm not running a mission critical linux box but i do admire stability.
Has anyone had any problems with ext3fs?

thanks!