Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2000:
[linux-help] Re: CD-ROM errors

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: CD-ROM errors
From: James <pantherace13@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 19:14:42 -0500

I have a 40x Multi-Read ATAPI IDE (etc, etc..) that I got in the fall
(November?)
and it may be that it is a bad cd-drive, but reading self- or friend-burned CD-R
especially (others, too), I get something very simialar. It gives me the same
error (If I remember correctly, it isn't here), and works fine, but it make
horredious noises sometimes, and sometimes it resets the atapi device (Printing
out a line like ATAPI Reset Complete ...). One time I got frustrated and whacked
it, and it stoped doing it for a couple of weeks. (Not something I would
recomend, but it worked for me) It complains, but does the job fine, so my
advice
would be ignore it.

James L.