Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2000:
[linux-help] Re: CD-ROM errors

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: CD-ROM errors
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 10:52:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, David Carmichael wrote:

> I know this is really not much help but.. I have a Panasonic 16X that will
> not work in DOS / Win3.11 using MSCDEX as it should (can read directories
> and play music CD's but not data files) but works just fine in Windows
> 95/98??

That could be the answer... maybe this drive is a little broken and
doesn't work with the Linux IDE CDROM driver while it works in Windows
just fine.  (My wife would like to have it back anyway... this would make
a nice excuse to buy a CDROM drive just for the Linux box.)

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
I buy you sigs, and I buy you sigs, but all you do is eat the bits!