Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2000:
[linux-help] Sun Question

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Sun Question
From: Curtis Hawthorne <cghawthorne@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 14:41:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi!

I while ago, I sent a question about a Sun
SparcStaion2.  Thanks for all the responces.  I
borrowed a monitor and an AUI adapter from a friend,
and I kind of have it working.  Nothing shows up on
the monitor, but I am able to telnet in (They were
nice enough to clear the root password).  My question
is, how do I go about installing Linux on this
machine?  I would like to do a network install of
RedHat 6.1, but I have no idea what step to take next.
 Is it a big problem that the monitor (or maybe video
card) doesn't work? (Is there an easy way to check
which is the problem?)

Thanks!

Curtis H.