Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2000:
[linux-help] Fw: [aclug-L] Diald problems...

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Fw: [aclug-L] Diald problems...
From: "Jeremy King" <jmking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:53:48 -0600

I've been fighting with diald for too long now, I could use some help:

I've got diald working to the extent that it recognizes outbound traffic and
dials up my ISP--it even successfully authenticates with my ISP.  However,
after it establishes the connection, I see this line in my log files:

"not replacing existing default route to sl0 [0.0.0.0]"

I can get a valid connection, but it appears that diald doesn't ever make
the new ppp connection the default route.  So, when diald sees me ping an
outside location, it does dial up, but the ping eventually times out because
it keeps sending packets down the slip route.  Am I understanding this
situation correctly?  What can be done to fix it?  My diald.options file
contains the "reroute" command--shouldn't this trigger diald to replace the
default route whenever a new ppp connection is established?

Jeremy