Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2000:
[linux-help] Re: disk surface problems?

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: disk surface problems?
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 04:43:44 +0000

mkswap has a switch -c that tells it to check for bad
blocks.

i've been having trouble too.

remember to do a swapoff <device>
then swapon <device> when your done.

j m wagle wrote:

> Thank you, badblocks works like a champ.
> Now... (sorry, one more question), how do I access my 'swap' space?
> I do a 'df' and display my /dev/hda## (where ## = 05 to 11), but my
> 'swap' is not shown.  (sorry if this is not the way to pose the
> question, but I think that the swap space is were my 'bad block'
> is).

phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh I've slipped the surly bonds of dos
and danced the skies on LINUX silvered wings.
http://www.cottagesoft.com/~phrostie/cad-tastrafy