Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm: September 2000:
Question Regarding (RE: Install v3.0r4 over 3.0r3???)

To: 'Mitch Davis' <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: hpcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Question Regarding (RE: Install v3.0r4 over 3.0r3???)
From: William Barry <WBarry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 14:49:47 -0400

Mitch,
I noticed the comments on the end of your prior posting and I am concerned
because the ASCII character conversions for the HP49G to PC do not work yet:
Note: On the HP 49G, character translation operates from the PC to the
calculator only. When you transfer programs from a HP 49G to a PC,
calculator programming characters are not translated to their backslash
equivalents. This will be fixed in later releases of the HP 49G software.
The above appears in your help screen "About Translation Types" This is not
fixed in v3.0r4.  I would like to be able to transfer files back and forth
from PC to HP49G and HP49G to PC with the translation occurring.  I don't
quite understand why character translation is not the same for the HP48 and
HP49.  Can you please enable this for the HP49G and release a revised
version.

Thank you,
Bill
William H. Barry, P.E.