Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm: September 2000:
Re: Install v3.0r4 over 3.0r3???

To: GCOOKENG@xxxxxx
Cc: hpcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Install v3.0r4 over 3.0r3???
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 16:59:56 +0000

GCOOKENG@xxxxxx wrote:

> I have installed HPComm3.0r3 on my PC and all works very well.

Hi, thanks for your mail.

> I would like
> to upgrade to HPComm 30r.4. I can find no instructions for installing
> 3.0r4over a previous version, so I have the following questions:
>
> 1) Should I just install 3.0r4 without deleting or uninstalling 3.0r3?

It is safe to just install the new version over the top of the old
version,
as long as you're not actually running the old version at the time.

> 2) I see no "uninstall" file in 3.0r3 nor is it listed in the "Add/Remove
> Programs" in the control panel. So if 3.0r3 must be uninstalled, how does one
> do it??

I don't know why this is so.  Something similar to "Hewlett Packard
Graphing
Calculator PC Connectivity Kit" (the marketing people made me do that)
appears
in my list of installed programs, and I can uninstall it.

There's a known issue with uninstalls if you have both HPComm and
HPComm38
installed (the start menu is not cleared up properly) but this is
separate
from your problem.

If you have any problems with upgrading to 3.0r4, please give us a
message
on this list and we'll see how we can help you.

> I think that covers all the alternatives. Please let me know since I like the
> program and assume there will still be revisions in the future. Thank You

Future revisions are rather unlikely, as both authors (myself and James)
are
now working on other things.  If you can program, you are welcome to
help us.

Regards,

Mitch.
--