Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: hpcomm: September 2000:
Install v3.0r4 over 3.0r3???

To: hpcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Install v3.0r4 over 3.0r3???
From: GCOOKENG@xxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:43:24 EDT

I have installed HPComm3.0r3 on my PC and all works very well. I would like
to upgrade to HPComm 30r.4. I can find no instructions for installing
3.0r4over a previous version, so I have the following questions:

1) Should I just install 3.0r4 without deleting or uninstalling 3.0r3?

2) I see no "uninstall" file in 3.0r3 nor is it listed in the "Add/Remove
Programs" in the control panel. So if 3.0r3 must be uninstalled, how does one
do it??

3) Should I merely erase the files in "C:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard\PC
Connectivity Kit" and then install 3.0r4??. If so, are there files in other
directories that need to be removed??

I think that covers all the alternatives. Please let me know since I like the
program and assume there will still be revisions in the future. Thank You
.......G.Cook