Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: June 2008:
[gopher] Re: sigh..

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: sigh..
From: sonicmctails@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:51:00 -0400

I've done some IE plugin coding (scream now). Netscape-style plugin support was
dropped in IE5. IE plugins are essentially COM servers (I wrote mine using ATL)
and such. It's a fairly ugly piece of code, but if your interested in building
the plugin, you can use libgopher to make it easier to do, but you still need
to be able to manipulate the IE DOM, which is evil in ways that are difficult
to imagine.
Michael