Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: March 2008:
[gopher] Re: gopher and pygopherd source moved to git

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: gopher and pygopherd source moved to git
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 18:42:56 -0800 (PST)

> > I put it under Mozilla Public License, if that works.
>
> I think that was one of the problematic ones...  at least in its original
> incarnation.  Firefox bears this license:
>
> Overall, the firefox project is licensed under the terms of the Mozilla
> Public License version 1.1 or, at your option, under the terms of the GNU
> General Public License version 2 or subsequent, or the terms of the GNU
> Lesser General Public License version 2.1 or subsequent.
>
> This works for Debian because the GPL and the LGPL both count as DFSG-free.

I could do tri-license. Besides, it's JavaScript. It's open-source by
its very nature. :)

I'll add GPL/LGPL to the license page for the next release (I'm waiting for
3.0b4 -- there appears to be a preferences bug that I'm hung up on).

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- I like my women like my coffee: weak, cold and bitter. -- Kevin Metcalf ----