Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: March 2008:
[gopher] Re: gopher and pygopherd source moved to git

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gopher] Re: gopher and pygopherd source moved to git
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 21:50:50 -0600

On Sunday 02 March 2008 9:36:23 pm Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> The world needs g-git.

gopher git?

Git uses Curl, which I think used to support gopher, but not any longer,
alas.

I'm not really sure what to do with UMN gopher and pygopherd right now,
either.  I have sites over at http://software.complete.org for many of my
other projects, with wiki, bug tracker, etc.  I'm thinking of migrating them
to Redmine, which adds forums and tighter integration between projects.  I
had never set up the gopher stuff there for wanting to keep it all on
gopher, but it turns out to take too much time to try to maintain things
well in two different places.

OTOH, I haven't seen much interest in pygopherd or UMN gopher for the past
couple of years, either.

> > I did actually use RCS at a job long ago.  Oh the horror of a VCS that
> > makes CVS look good.
>
> When I was at my old job (DBA and programmer), we used a very hacked upon
> RCS that was attached to a very large, ungainly Makefile provided to us by
> the vendor for the school's information system. This meant fun things like
>
> % make ci F=foo.c

Oh my.

Incidentally, what license are you putting on that Firefox plugin you're
working on?  If it's something BSDish, GPL, or whatnot, I could work to get
it in Debian.

-- John