Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: March 2008:
[gopher] Re: gopher and pygopherd source moved to git

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: gopher and pygopherd source moved to git
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 19:36:23 -0800 (PST)

> > Hello
> >
> > And to what will you move to next? ;)
> > Any bets on when he gets to SCCS or RCS?

> <grin>
> It appears I was using CVS back in 2000 when the gopher project
> started.  Then Subversion.  Maybe tla in between, but finally darcs.
> I'm too lazy to go research the history too much.

The world needs g-git.

> I did actually use RCS at a job long ago.  Oh the horror of a VCS that
> makes CVS look good.

When I was at my old job (DBA and programmer), we used a very hacked upon
RCS that was attached to a very large, ungainly Makefile provided to us by
the vendor for the school's information system. This meant fun things like

% make ci F=foo.c

This sucked for filec, so the first thing I did was alias all the various
RCS targets so it was like being back in *regular* RCS. Don't ask me what
the Makefile did.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Any excuse will serve a tyrant. -- Aesop -----------------------------------