Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2007:
[gopher] Re: How was Veronica-2 made

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: How was Veronica-2 made
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:37:26 -0700 (PDT)

> How long should it take?

Could be slow on a large hard disk. To speed it up, look at your path
(echo $PATH depending on your shell) and use those, i.e.,

% echo $PATH
/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin
% find /bin -name xinetd -print
% find /usr/bin -name xinetd -print

Or, just type "xinetd" in all by itself and see if THAT works. If it's
in one of your path directories already, then it should be executable. It
would still be very nice to know exactly where.

I'm sure there's an easier way than this but I've never used cygwin and
I don't know how or where it installs things.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Good times, noodle salad. -- "As Good As It Gets" --------------------------