Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2007:
[gopher] Re: How was Veronica-2 made

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: How was Veronica-2 made
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:55:09 -0700 (PDT)

> How do I get inetd or xinetd running?

Start xinetd (after you've compiled it) with something like

        /wherever/you/installed/it/xinetd &

(the & may not be necessary, it's been awhile since I worked with xinetd).
Look in the process list to make sure it started. Send me the ps output
if you're not sure if it's running or not because I'm curious about how
cygwin handles this.

I'm not at the G5 right now, or I would have installed cygwin already to
see if I could figure out an installation procedure.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- 1-GHz Pentium-III + Java + XSLT == 1-MHz 6502. -- Craig Bruce --------------