Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: December 2006:
[gopher] Re: Yet another gopher browser for another OS: Arachne under DO

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Yet another gopher browser for another OS: Arachne under DOS
From: Stegozor <stegozor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 06:44:05 +0100

Cameron Kaiser wrote:

>> I just managed to get the Arachne web suite for DOS work. Of course, I
>> checked at once whether it was able to browse gopher sites. The answer
>> is yes, at least partly. I wasn't able to use Cameron's Veronica engine,
>
> You made me curious about this -- I have Arachne 1.70 on my little 486
> utility laptop but I never tried gopher on it before. It comes up with

Maybe you should update to the latest version available at
http://www.cisnet.com/glennmcc/arachne/a190j1.zip . 1.70 is rather outdated.

> "Gopher Query" but no search box. Is that what yours does?

Exactly. See http://stegozor.googlepages.com/VERONICA.png . I'm thinking
about mentioning the bug to Arachne developers, and useful information
from a skilled gopher sysop would help (why in your opinion it's
behaving the way it does, or anything I just can't imagine ;)