Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: December 2005:
[gopher] Veronica

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Veronica
From: Benn Newman <newmanbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:27:18 -0600

"Hello world!"
        -- Veronica
Okay, okay. She didn't actually say that. And it's not really a she either.
It is Local-Veronica. I discovered the source for local-veronica (Veronica
for individual servers). on the .jp Gopher server. It is running at
hal3000.cx. If my ubercool full-text search doesn't wake you up, this should. :)
Veronica is currently only indexing un-maintained servers, i.e. the ones
at universities gaining dust.

Also of interest is the Gopher Project IRC channel at
irc://irc.freenode.net/gopherproject

At any one time you can find Ortinz, the administrator of hal3000.cx,
plastic01, the developer
for the GopherJ Gopher client, or myself, the administrator of
igneous-rock.homeunix.net

When the paper works gets all done (*glares at John if he hasn't already done
what I asked him to do*)
I'll be handing out (to those who come by enough) fancy gopherproject cloaks.

The logs for the channel are avaliable at
gopher://igneous-rock.homeunix.net/1/irclogs/
--
Benn Newman | newmanbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | gopher://igneous-rock.homeunix.net