Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: December 2005:
[gopher] Re: Veronica

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Veronica
From: Alessandro Selli <dhatarattha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:16:23 +0100

Benn Newman wrote:
> "Hello world!"
>       -- Veronica
> Okay, okay. She didn't actually say that. And it's not really a she either.
> It is Local-Veronica. I discovered the source for local-veronica (Veronica
> for individual servers). on the .jp Gopher server. It is running at
> hal3000.cx. If my ubercool full-text search doesn't wake you up, this should.
> :)

  It did.  I was just wondering about adding such a thing on my gopher
server, as well.  My personal Gopher-served Usenet archive is becoming
quite large to scan all the pages in search of *that* article that was
posted not that long ago.

[...]

> Also of interest is the Gopher Project IRC channel at
> irc://irc.freenode.net/gopherproject
>
> At any one time you can find Ortinz, the administrator of hal3000.cx,
> plastic01, the developer
> for the GopherJ Gopher client, or myself, the administrator of
> igneous-rock.homeunix.net

  I wish I had time to wast^W spend on IRC, too!  :-)

--
Alessandro Selli
Tel: 340.839.73.05