Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: December 2003:
[gopher] Re: .names

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: .names
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:27:30 -0600

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 11:19:39PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> Still no go, Name=works, Numb=has no affect.
> Just to verify...
> It should be exactly like this:
> Numb=1

Correct.  But note that you have the lines in the wrong order:

Name= Welcome To The Hal3000 Gopher!
Type=i
Path=./test.txt
Numb=1

Name=Intro
Type=0
Path=./0index.txt
Numb=2

The Path line should always come first.  The file should read:

Path=./ignoredblahblah
Name= Welcome To The Hal3000 Gopher!
Type=i
Numb=1
Host=+
Port=+

Path=./0index.txt
Name=Intro
Type=0
Numb=2
Host=+
Port=+

> Also as I said before, it is working under gopherd...
> Any more thoughts?

Can you send me your entire pygopherd.conf?

-- John