Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2002:
[gopher] Re: Pygopherd nearing gopherd replacement

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Pygopherd nearing gopherd replacement
From: Ralph Furmaniak <sugaku@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 12:51:03 -0500

> bucktooth (original fork) kludges for this by checking if /foo is executable.
> If it is, then it treats somedata as a query always.
>
> I don't know how Ralph's branch handles this.

I had to put in a bit of code to make sense of all this, because you could have
the
search data, gopher+ stuff, and a dataflag (presumably in that order).
Basically
it deals with the number of things, the order, and assumes that dataflag would
be
1, gopher+ stuff starts with +,!,$, anything else would be a search, you can
only
have a dataflag if you have gopher+.

Later on I also assumed that in the gopher+ stuff an attribute would be
completely
uppercase, while a view has lowercase letters.  This is not in the spec, but is
the
only way (AFAIK) to effectively differentiate them (unless you have a list of
the
possible views, possible attributes, but that could get messy).