Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2002:
[gopher] Re: Pygopherd nearing gopherd replacement

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Pygopherd nearing gopherd replacement
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 08:37:37 -0800 (PST)

> When I tried to drop the leading type character in the gopher selectors
> I discovered the following problem.  The server receives the request
>
>          /fooFsomedata
>
> with `F' being a tab character.  Now the question for the server is if
> `/foo' is of type 7 or not.  In the first case `somedata' is the query
> string in the second it's a gopher+ attribute.

bucktooth (original fork) kludges for this by checking if /foo is executable.
If it is, then it treats somedata as a query always.

This is further aided by the fact that I removed G+ from bucktooth :-)

I don't know how Ralph's branch handles this.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- "The ants are my friends/They're blowing in the wind" ----------------------