Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2002:
[gopher] Re: Gopher wishlist

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher wishlist
From: Paul Lindner <lindner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:13:58 -0800

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 02:20:30PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> Ralph Furmaniak <sugaku@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > That almost goes without saying.  I am, however, disappointed in what web
> > browsers
> > do, IE does not respect infos and does strange stuff, and netscape 6.2 uses
> > the
>
> AFAIK, the i type is not documented in any spec.  I wonder if Paul can
> point out any source (LaTeX?) of standards documents so that we can
> consider amending them to specify these things?

I grepped through the change logs and couldn't come up with a definite
date of when the 'i' type was added.

Sadly, I believe it was not documented in any RFC or paper..

--
Paul Lindner    lindner@xxxxxxxxx   ||||| | | | |  |  |  |   |   |

    mod_perl Developer's Cookbook   http://www.modperlcookbook.org/
         Human Rights Declaration   http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/index.htm